Youth Access Prevention
Adult smokers only
We are a responsible company and our vape products are aimed at adult smokers only. We are both supportive of – and committed to – enforcing robust youth access prevention measures. Our global vape brand blu is over 10 years old, and youth use has never been associated with our product. Our blu marketing standards and campaigns are focused solely on reaching adult smokers.
We do not want young people accessing or using nicotine, or for any young person to try vaping
Youth Access Prevention
As well as upholding strict marketing standards, we’ve mapped out a robust set of precautions to prevent the underage use of, and access to, our blu vape products:
- We support government regulation aimed at preventing underage access to vaping products, and at ensuring their responsible marketing and sales.
- We conduct thorough online age verification processes on blu.com and mandatory manual ID checks to detect those aged 25 and under.
- We monitor all online transactions, checking for fraudulent activity, unauthorised wholesaling or sales where our products could reach underage users.
- We educate our retailers on age verification compliance requirements and the importance of youth access prevention.
- We demand commitments from retail partners to prevent underage access and enforce this through random compliance checks.
- We immediately terminate contracts with stores or retailers found to sell to minors.
- We prohibit certain ingredients in blu vapour liquids, including sugars, to help minimize any appeal to minors.
- We conduct post-market surveillance to flag any demographic trends, including “never smoker” and youth use.
By committing to responsible marketing and high product standards across the category, we can create a united front against youth access to vaping products. We are also committed to integrating new technology into our future product roadmap that would support user age verification, and continuously evaluate the options for using digital innovation to address this issue in new ways.
From manufacturers to retailers, we believe everyone in the vaping industry must take responsibility for their role in preventing youth access to vape products. We continue to work with government regulators across the globe to shape regulations and combat issues surrounding youth access.